venerdì 19 giugno 2009

EXTREME PRELUDE

Curator: Pietro Franesi
Artist: Gaku


"I am weak, I have done the same mistake over and over again. I see this happening again, and where it all started. He was put into a hospital a week ago. This is all about the next room with a thin wall. Actions he committed three years ago."

I harassed my husband's social worker by crying, noticing my cornered feeling I wrote this diary on November, 2008.

Only a few days ago a miracle occurred.
The theme for the work is "Extreme Prelude".

I will present the state of an extreme prelude before a miracle happened, by mixed media, sculpture, drawings and light.

The structure is a compound architecture created by my memory of past apartments and my husband's parents' house. The various episodes or dream story, happened in different times and places, which are told by characters who do not have eyes. All the episodes are connected through the holes in the walls or the broken windows and the dramatic light direction. Prelude is a step away from a flood of emotion, condensed time, and before an emancipation, struggling in an unstable condition of limbo. This moment may make people have an intense feeling of an end, but this miracle can also happened in an individual's mind.

The world changes first in our mind.


Web:


Biography: