venerdì 19 giugno 2009

SILENCE

Curator: Pietro Franesi
Artist: Jungeun Park


Silence is waiting.

Waiting to say something, waiting to hear something.

But, hesitating to say, because it's afraid there will be no response.
This drawing project, "silence is waiting" is about the poverty and the difficulty of communication in a relationship. The project is divided into three different parts, "Listening", "Hiding", and "Talking".

In "Listening", I draw an ear along with symbolic and recognizable images, such as tree, thread ball, or blood. Each drawing indicates how I react to the communication, specifically about listening.

"Hiding" titled "Keeping a silence" shows repetitive drawings of red yarn ball. After exhausting and disappointing of communication in the relationship, the communication becomes meaningless and not helpful for the relationship. It makes me not talking and keeping a silence. It is sometimes timid, but also prudent.

In "Talking", I embroider words on a handkerchief with red thread. It is sometimes a sentence, or a letter that I cannot talk in person to somebody. I show words on the handkerchief, but do not show the front. Viewers only can read the back.